Monday, November 28, 2011

Apartment Hunting

I know it's hard to believe, but at my very busy office job today, I was able to squeeze in some "me" time to blog (that's a vaginal sentence, if I ever saw one!).  Which reminds me of something I was thinking about yesterday when I was thinking about my peers. GUYS:  YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, UNTIL YOU GET MARRIED OR SPAWN, IS ME TIME.  Just incase you weren't sure, I wanted to clear it up.
ANYwho, this morning, when not being the picture of productivity at the desk, I was Craigslisting.  My sublet ends in a few weeks and I need a new space. (You can really tell a lot about a person in how they describe their living quarters--
Space: a new agey person, maybe named Michael, who is spiritual and "into energy" and says things like, "Wow, what an incredible space.  We could turn the southwest corner into a meditation space, and Raya (his two year old daughter) would really enjoy the sunlight coming in from the northeast for her painting hour."
Apartment: Someone who is realistic with where they are at in life. Someone who goes to the laundromat, begrudgingly.
Home: Someone who wants to move back in with Mom & Dad, or someone who wants to breastfeed in the next two years. 

Sidetrack city! Ok the point is, I was on Craigslist, and I got to thinking about (am I Carrie Bradshaw?) the little things you don't think about when finding an apartment, so I want to make a list so that I, and you, world, will remember to check these things out. You'll thank me!
1) First Stop In Apartment: THE BATHROOM. Test out:
-Shower Pressure:  I like the water to come out with such a force that I feel like my scalp might rip in half.  There is nothing worse in the shower world than a tender, soft, gentle water pressure.  If I wanted to be pissed on, I'd mention it on my OkCupid profile. My goal is to get clean in the shower, so, abuse me, shower head!
-Toilet Flushing Power: If you have the sucking power to choke down a ten pound kielbasa, you're my kind of toilet.  "Industrial" strength is what you want.  I need a toilet I can trust, one that doesn't keep me on my toes. 
.....those are pretty much the MOST important things in an apartment, in my opinion.  Just showerin' and shittin' y'all!

K THANKS BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment